Monday, October 24, 2011

5 Things I'm loving right now!

So, I've decided to start a blog.  Life moves so fast and I feel like moments pass by before we realize they're there.  I've been thinking a lot about how to hold onto my memories. A lot of girls my age are really into scrapbooking--too messy for me.  The idea of itty-bitty pieces of paper all over my house to clean up makes me feel sort of nauseous.  Some people write in journals, but I'm a teacher and I already spend half of my life with pen all over my hands, so it's not that romantic of a thought; Also, journals are "private" and I'm a bit of a show-off so, blogging it is!  My sister and my brother have art blogs.  I jokingly told my sister I would start a rival art blog, but my drawings of flowers and cartoon animals will only take me so far...

Without further ado:  5 things I'm loving right now!

1.  Gray!  Lately, I'm obsessed with gray accessories.  Dark gray, specifically.  Heck, I just bought a gray car over the Summer.




2.  Elton John's "Border Song".  I  was driving to work last week and this came on 88.5 WXPN (Philadelphia).  I usually don't even listen to Public Radio, but it's definitely growing on me, especially since the morning selection is pretty good.  Maybe it's a sign that I'm getting older, and more mature...probably not haha.




3.  Halloween Costumes on animals. So, we have 2 cats.  One we had last year (FDR) and dressed him up as a shark.

  He hates the costume and walks backwards when it's on, but it's so funny that we put it on him anyway.  This year, FDR will wear his shark costume again, but BabyCat, who just turned 1, doesn't have a costume yet.  Jack, my husband and I went to Petsmart over the weekend and picked up a basketball player outfit for him:


Unfortunately, it doesn't fit since it is meant for dogs.  Let me know if you have any fun costume ideas for BabyCat.

4.  American Horror Story.  I knew nothing about this show until this past Saturday when I had a couple of friends over for a free make-up consultation.  (Word to the wise: nothing is ever free!) But, afterwards, we watched the first couple episodes..it was pretty scary and suspenseful which is fun for this time of year.  Plus, there's a few actresses I'm big fans of in it:  Jessica Lange (from Grey Gardens-see more grey stuff I like!) plays an evil old woman; and Connie Britton (from Friday Night Lights) play the main female lead.  Check it out on Wednesdays on FX.



5.  Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale.   I think I might just really enjoy this because it's almost Halloween, but I swear it's better than regular Blue Moon.  It's a perfect after-dinner beer because it's a little bit filling and you probably wouldn't drink more than a couple in a night.


Leave Comments!

Emily






2 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud when I got to the dog costume!!!
    What's American Horror Story about? The poster looks like Cirque du Soleil.
    I agree with you about the blue moon pumpkin...yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. American Horror Story is like ghosts and murders, and all sorts of spooky stuff..come watch it with me and the boys and I'll give you your coat!!

    ReplyDelete