Baking: I NEVER bake, because I hate it for the following reasons:
1. It's messy. We don't have a dishwasher and cleaning pans, and mixer parts is torture.
2. I'm impatient and don't like to wait for things to cool off, so usually my cookies melt, my brownies are sloppy messes, and I burn myself.
3. I get bored halfway through and start watching tv while things burn.
4. When things don't end up tasting/looking right, it makes me cry over all of my wasted time/effort/mess I have created.
Anyway. I go to an annual cookie-exhange each year..obviously not out of my love for baking, but I do like to eat cookies and the company is swell. The cookie exchange was Sunday, and as of Saturday, I didn't even know what to make (I had to make 12 dozen..). Luckily I was talking to my lovely sister on the phone and complaining about how I hate baking and she gave me this amazing foolproof recipe..even small children can make it:
1 Can of Refrigerated cookie dough (chocolate chip or sugar cookie dough are good options)
1 bag of mini sized snickers bars
Slice the cookie dough into 24 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and flatten it, then press an unwrapped Snickers bar into the middle and roll it into the ball. Repeat 23 more times. Place your cookie dough balls with snickers in them evenly on 2 cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes, and Voila! Tasty treats! They weren't that pretty, but they taste good and even baking-impaired people like myself can handle them.
Music and Media Monday!
Shows/Movies/Music you should check out:
1. The Walking Dead (the first part of season 2 just finished so if you haven't watched it before it's a good time to catch up). Zombies, suspense, nightmares on Sunday night...good stuff. There is one character I can't stand though...leave a comment if you can guess who...I'm serious, everytime she (that's a hint!) comes on screen I want to punch things...
My favorites are Manheim Steamroller and Amy Grant. Also everything on the "Sounds of the Season" channel on Comcast isn't bad either. I LOVE Christmas music, but I can't stand when B101 plays the same 10 versions of the same 10 songs all season...ughh.
Manheim Steamroller..and a neat little light show...
Amy Grant in a sweet little 80's outfit....this version of the song is BEAUTIFUL though..
That's all for today! Leave comments!